Honeywell S8600M stop igniting after a few hours

Old 12-20-10, 06:28 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell S8600M stop igniting after a few hours-- URGENT

Hey folks,

I have a Carrier natural gas heating system which was installed in 2001 and has problem recently. The equiptment is as below:

Dunkirk Boiler PWB-5D Boiler
Honeywell S8600m1013 ignition module
Honeywell Aquasat Relay TYPE L8148E.

When it works, it can heat our house from 50f to 60f in an hour. But the problem is it works for a few hours, sometimes maybe 10 hours and then it stop working. Many times, before going to bed, I went to basement and make sure it's working. But when I get up in the morning, it stopped and the room is cold. It really bothers us in this cold winter.

If I wanna it work again, I need to wiggle the cable connector (on the ignition module, The left position in this Picture here: http://i1.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/27/40/403a_12.JPG) to the pilot a few times, and even hold to some position(angle). Then the system will have a starting noise and then be lit. Sometimes I may also restarted it by wiggling the cable connector of the relay module.

I asked a contractor to come and he said I need to replace the ignition board and relay board together and asked for over $1000.

I viewed the post here: Bad Honeywell S8600 Ignition Module?

I followed the suggestions there and found the heating system is still new and no rust or dirty thing. I also cleaned the flame sensor below the burning head with steel wool.

Is this the problem with my ignition module S8600m?

We will be out for a conference, will leave home for 2 weeks, I am afraid the temp drops too low and break the pipes. Anyone can help me here?

Many many thanks!!

Last edited by simonstone; 12-20-10 at 07:44 AM. Reason: better description
Old 12-20-10, 10:13 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need your help!

SeattlePioneer,

Could you help take a look at my furnance problem?

I need to leave home for two weeks since 12/27. So please help me!!

Many thanks!

Simon

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: