reillo 40 f5 works fine then doesnt restart ??

Old 12-22-10, 07:04 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question reillo 40 f5 works fine then doesnt restart ??

before i call in a tech i was wondering if any ideas for the problem. my burner works fine durring the day but at random times it doesnt restart this makes for a problem when waking in morning only to find house somewhat chilled and no hot water. there is no particular time this happens it is random when i press reset it fires up no problem any ideas on my problem would be appreciated

Old 12-22-10, 07:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The usual approach with intermittent problems is that you need to cycle the furnace until the problem is observed and diagnosed.

Typically you'd need to take the cover off the furnace so you can observe the sequence of ignition. Then start the ignition sequence fifty or a hundred times until it stops, and observe how far it gets before stopping.

Old 12-22-10, 06:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
The next time you have to reset it, after the burner fires open the observation door on the boiler & look at the flame. If it is orange or very yellow the burner went thru a complete cycle & failed to fire thus spraying excess oil into the chamber. This excess oil is what will cause the orange or very yellow flame instead of the normal bright light yellow.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: