Gas Trane Furnace Problem

Old 01-04-11, 07:15 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas Trane Furnace Problem

Hi this morning my furnace stopped working on me. It's a 2 stage Gas Trane furnace I believe the series is XL80.

The thermostat is Luxpro psp511, I set the thermostat at 68 degrees but when I woke up it was at 53 degrees, the furnace did not kick in at all. I sometimes can manually turn on the furnace with the thermostat.

When I manually turn it on. It fires up normally. No trouble flashing coming from the furnace. Everything is normal. Once it reaches the temp I set it for it turns off and doesn't turn back on when the temp goes down. Any ideas?

Old 01-04-11, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
I had trouble with my lux pros also. I have the 500B's. Sometimes the heat will not come on and we will wake up to a cold house. Now I determained two thing may be wrong but am not sure which one it is.

1) Its the common t stat in living room and used often. Up---down----up---down. Wife likes hot, I like to lower,kids just touch it when they are not supposed to. So I thought the button was getting stuck and for some reason it would not kick on.
2) Even though the low battery light was not on I put fresh batterys in. Have not had an issue since the battery change.

I dont like these t stats and when I get the money I will buy a different brand.

Mike NJ

Old 01-04-11, 08:41 AM
X
Thanks Mike I'll try to change the battery out to see if that works. Anyone else have any ideas?

Old 01-04-11, 12:19 PM
X
Changing the battery worked. Saved me $100 to have a tech look at it. Thanks Mike.

Old 01-04-11, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
No problem. glad I could help.

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: