HSI on Goodman gmp075-3 furnace not getting hot

Old 01-17-11, 03:06 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HSI on Goodman gmp075-3 furnace not getting hot

My furnance HSI does not get hot - the draft induce fan turns on for a minute or two and then turns off and clicking sounds are heard during this process but the HSI does not get hot - from other posting I have
-checked the four roll out sensors surrounding the chamber and all have continuity
-removed the multivolt pilot sensor and cleaned with steel wool
- cleaned all grounding wires
-checked for leaks on hose from inducer motor to pressure switch
After the inducer motor stops the status light on my circuit board blinks once - to check gas pressure, gas valve, gas flow and flame sensor
since I cant check the gas valve and I know I have gas, my assumption is the gas valve or the flame sensor (multivolt pilot sensor)
- I guess replacing the flame sensor woud be the logical thing to do first since this is simple - but where would I get one...

Old 01-17-11, 04:40 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
no. does the HSI glow? IF not check for 120v to HSI during inducer running. IF 120v present and not glowing then replace HSI. Before you replace have heat exchanger checked! KNOWN TO CRACK!!!!!!!!!!! POSSIBLE CO POISONING!!!!!

Old 01-17-11, 04:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
If the furnace has hot surface ignition, it's highly unlikely it has a pilot unless the gas valve is a Honeywell Smart Valve, again unlikely.

Unplug the ignitor & check for 120 volts ac at the pins coming from the board. You will have to watch your meter thru an entire ignition sequence. If you get 120 volts, the ignitor is bad (strong possibility).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: