Trouble with my Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control connection

Old 01-23-11, 06:32 AM
E
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Trouble with my Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control connection

Hi,
Noticed that my IPI connection is bad at one of the connections. When I move wire where it is connected to the control box the green light blinks, then if i move wire one way it will stay on and furnace will light and work for awhile. I think that it is connector on wire or a bad terminal inside box that is problem. I dont want to pull conector out of the box now and start working on it without parts because its 5 degrees outside!! Guess I will order a new IPI kit and also change connector. What crimper would i need to change connector that is attached to the box? It is the blue ground wire that has the problem. Any advice is appreciated. Also where is good place to buy IPI and crimper?
IPI # G776RGD-11, 63K2401

Thanks alot!!!!!

Old 01-23-11, 05:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Those numbers are not familiar. Who is the manufacturer of the control? The make & model of the furnace might be helpful. Photos of the control, particularly the wire in question could also help. Pictures are best posted on photobucket.com or similar site & a link to them provided here.

Edit: Found that control to be from Johnson Controls. Honeywell says this control is a replacement.
Product

Read this installation sheet, especially the wiring diagrams, to determine if it will work for you before you buy the control.
http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...it/69-0463.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: