Honeywell Adaptive Intellegent Recovery - basics

Old 01-24-11, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Honeywell Adaptive Intellegent Recovery - basics

I have a Honeywell FocusPRO TH6000 thermostat that was installed last summer. Worked great for cooling because of the lack of extreme variation where we just shut down the system, have problems with heating comfort.

My gas furnace is a newer Bryant Model 315AAV (2006?).

When trying to get a good time/comfort programed setting for the heating in a variable climate, I have problems with comfort. Summer AC was not a problem.

My home is a 2 level with an open foyer and an open staircase and it can be overcome by running the fan continuously and getting rid of dust and fur from the two long hair cats. A 2 zone system is out of the question. WE have a good amount of thermal mass in two of our 4 walls, so that reduces the swings.

How does the "AIR" system work since it seems to have a mind of its own when we get the extreme swings from one day to day? Does it remember the previous history and cannot adjust to the comfort when programming.

I have become accustomed to setting temperature based on time, but when the thermostat takes over. An extreme example is when I want to go to bed at 11:00 PM and find the furnace shift to a night setting at 9:45 PM and be cool before I turn in. It gets to be a nuisance when you have guests.

Is the only solution is to live with the lack of comfort during a weather change and live with the setting "goal" temperatures or just guess and what the thermostat has in a day or two of old memory or to forget about programming entirely and do a temporary "over-ride" for that cycle, even though the cycle has not yet arrived. Can the Adaptive anticipation just be shut down?

I am not dumb, but just confused on what is going on and want to understand.

Thanx in advance - Dick

Old 01-25-11, 05:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dick,

Are you saying you have the stat programed to set back at 11pm, but it changing on you at 9:45 instead of 11?

If so, then there's something wrong with it. The stat should go into night set back at the time you tell it to. Like for me, I have ours go back to 63˚ at 10 pm, and fan to AUTO, so at 10pm it does that.

Old 01-25-11, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Jay...I think what Dick is saying is something I've been experiencing this year as well.
It's not so much about the timing..but about the temps. My Honeywell 7600 (?) has been having much higher swings than it has in past winters or summers. It would maintain my temps w/in about 1 degree. Just since we started getting cold weather...it has seemed to swing very high sometimes (75 on a 72 setting) and once or twice it has dropped as low as 69-70 before calling for heat.

I think the issue with mine may be our kind of unique weather. It might be 72 when I wake up (28-29 outside)...but when the sun comes up (and starts heating the front area of the house, stat is more towards the back), when the furnace kicks on..it may run up to 74-75 before shutdown. It seems to take a few cycles before it doesn't swing high. Haven't really noticed that issue at night, but I crash pretty early.

We can get some pretty intense changes in temps depending on weather, clouds, etc. Not uncommon to have a 30 night and a 72 afternoon.
If it's more mild (50 night, 70 day) I haven't noticed it.

Oh...and have never had this issue in summer or the last 2 winters. Summers stay hot once it hits and our past winters have been more consistent than this year.

Old 01-25-11, 07:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have not seen a swing in temp on my past VisionPro 8000, and last also updated IAQ 9000.

As morning recovery, it adjust itself pretty good. Mine starts around 5:30ish to be at temp by 7 with our single digit mornings.

Old 01-25-11, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Well...although mine is programmable....it's set to a constant temp. Since my wife and I have pretty different hours...I could never be sure if it would be warm enough for her.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: