Carrier Weathermaker 9200 drain trap

Old 02-03-11, 05:06 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carrier Weathermaker 9200 drain trap

We had a tech come out about a month ago because our furnace was not working. Turns out the drain pipe was blocked. It is now doing the same thing again and giving the same error code.
I went down to look at it, and can see that the tubes coming from the furnace to the drain trap are clear. The tube going from the trap to the drain (stationary tub) is full of water which is not moving.
How can this be fixed without calling someone?

I went back downstairs and put some water in the trap (suggestion found on another HVAC site). It then drained. I am now stumped.
However, I am in WI and we just experienced a blizzard resulting in several feet of snow. Earlier today, I went outside and cleared the snow from the pipes coming out of the house (out/intake?).
It is 15 degrees outside, 50 inside. Thermostat is set at 70.

Last edited by astumpf; 02-03-11 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-03-11, 05:25 PM
E
So its giving you an error code saying what exactly? I can't assume that its the same problem, though 90 plus furnaces are notorious for drain issues.

Old 02-03-11, 05:29 PM
A
Its a code 31, referring to the pressure switch not closing or remaining open. This was the same code given when we had a clogged drain tube.

Old 02-05-11, 06:05 PM
E
sorry for the late reply. thats what i thought. can you confirm the pressure switch opens and closes by sucking on the tube that feeds it? I remember I had the same problem on a york 90 plus furnace. Water wouldnt drain right which would cause the inducer fan motor to run slower which would cause the pressure switch to remain open. When we left it overnight it would drain the water and come back on in the morning and it stopped working after furnace had been running all day. I believe we ended up replacing the black box that holds the water(pea trap) aka stationary hub

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: