install furnace

Old 12-25-00, 06:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I would like to put a LP 90% furnace in my crawl space. I now have a outside package unit (heat pump). I have 48 in. head room, could make more. Can this be done? Would I be better off to just replace the package unit with a LP gas 80%? Thanks Max

Old 12-25-00, 06:56 PM
Visiting Guest
where are you? what is the structure? and how long are you going to be there?

Old 12-25-00, 07:10 PM
Visiting Guest
install furnace

I am in south central Kentucky, One story about 2060 sq ft. brick. Could stay one to six years. The heatpump is not working. We are useing fireplace insert and space heaters. The heatpump was around 4+ tons and over 20 years old. I was use to real heat, always had forced air oil. I took out the heat strips the first week I moved in six years ago. I do most of my own repairs. This is a reply to Henry. Thanks

Old 12-25-00, 07:48 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Cheapest easiest way to go is with a gas pack, especially with LP gas. Repairs or service in the crawl with LP can get pretty hairy. Systems using LP need yearly service do to the amount of moisture in the gas. You have more then enough room in your crawl. North Carolina uses a 36" crawl. But if you put in a split system you'll have to change the duct work around and add a evaporator coil, tubing, electric for crawl unit, condenser. Also most 90+ furnaces are condensing style and when it gets very cold you may freeze, unless precautions are taken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: