gas pack info

Old 12-26-00, 10:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Would anybody know anything about a LP gas package that brand name is GMC? Also, It is 3ton, 100,000 btu heat, would it take care of 2000 sqft home in south central Kentucky? Thanks Max

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-00, 06:09 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
GMC is Goodman Manufacturing Co. All package units are shipped by goodman for natural gas and converted over to LP gas in the field(during installation).
Have you had a heat load calculation done on your home? If the contractor has done a heat load calculation on your home and he came up with these numbers, it is possible that a 3ton, 100,000btu package unit will do your home, but it is cutting it close.
If you are in a doublewide or something similar there is no way it could work.

Old 12-26-00, 07:20 PM
Visiting Guest
heat load

No I have not done the heat/cooling load cal. I am in south central Kentucky, avg 10 deg/ 95 deg. one story brick in woods, fair to avg. ins., house sits north/south with long east/west side. Few windows on north and south. I do have the fireplace insert for backup heat and lots of wood. This has been our only heat for the past two weeks and it has been cold out side, might say a tad bit cool inside, but manageable. The unit I am looking at is new and only 1/3 cost of most other units. Thanks for your in put, still looking for the cut and dry answer.

Old 12-26-00, 09:41 PM
R-12guy
Visiting Guest
OK heres the dirt... with out a heat load you dont know the facts of what you need... Now ... as for a rule of thumb, I would say the heat would be fine, but the A/C side would be a little light... might not cut it on a hot humid day...

Old 12-27-00, 05:09 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Your home seems to average all round so here's a rule of thumb calc. in your area. 1ton a/c for every 600sq.ft. of house. The heating capacity of 100,000 will do fine.