Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

Ducane furnace light flashes three times - pressure valve open with inducer on

Old 02-14-11, 09:53 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a two month old, never used Ducane gas furnace (model no. not on hand) that will not function. The error light flashes 3 times after attempted start-up which indicates, per the manual, "pressure valve open with inducer on." The utility co. was delayed in installing gas into the home, so the service was not active when the furnace was installed - otherwise I'd go back to the installer. Is anyone familiar with this specific problem and its potential solution(s)?

The furnace is a 70,000 BTU, 90% furnace that has a vent and intake through the sidewall of the foundation. The run is straight, is 14' and there is a slope of approximately 3/8" per foot.

Old 02-14-11, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
blocked vent either exhaust or intake. You can still go back to installer! Should have at least 1 yr labor and parts!

Old 02-15-11, 12:17 AM
K
Check the rubber hose between the pressure switch and inducer and make sure that the ports where the hose connects aren't clogged. Seeing as how it's a new furnace those components should all be fine but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

Old 02-15-11, 07:10 AM
B
The heat is on

It turns out the installers left a hose from the pressure switch(?) to the inducer unattached. The hose was wedged in the corner with a warning lablel that reads, "If installed in the horizontal position, this hose needs to be connnected to (not a horizontal installation)...If installed in an upflow position (like mine) the hose needs to be connected to the capped tee on the inducer hose." Thank you for your replies - it's a shame it took a schmuck like me to fix it after the four HVAC employees on site didn't catch it. Sometimes if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: