Lennox c33 36c-2 Propane furnace trouble lighting

Old 02-20-11, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lennox c33 36c-2 Propane furnace trouble lighting

Hello, thank you for reading my question. It is Zero degrees outside, here in Montana, and I need my furnace to work! My furnace is 8 years old. I had the representative out here a couple of months ago for this very problem. The furnace wouldn't light. He cleaned out a hose, and showed me that it had gotten clogged. It has worked well since. But, now, on Sunday....it suddenly stopped and wouldn't light!

I checked the propane tank...we have gas. I turned the "Honeywell" thermostate "off" and checked the indicator lights on the furnace. They were both green, flashing alternately...not quickly, just one went off, the other went on. Then I turned off power in my breaker box to the furnace, I cleaned out that water line thing, that the repairman showed me was plugged last time. Only water came out...no black, no fuzz...nothing. I put it back. Turned the breaker back on, put on the panel...then the green lights flashed slowly together.

I turned the thermostat back on, and it is now running. But, I am concerned that it stay running!

What was wrong? Will it keep working all night? It will get below zero tonight. Should I call the emergency repair guy, or should I call tomorrow, or should I just smile and be happy that it is now working?

I would appreciate any insight you can give me.
All my best...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-11, 10:28 AM
there should be a legend that tells you what the alternating LEDs meant, this is a trouble code and will guide us a little more if you can find that legend and post that information here. The legend is typically located on the blower door. Could be the inside or outside of the door.

Old 02-20-11, 11:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ummm. The Lennox C33 is the indoor air conditioning coil.

Remove the cabinet cover concealing the burners and look for the furnace rating plate. Post the make and model of the furnace.

Old 02-20-11, 12:45 PM
furnace model # I hope

Here is the # from inside...guess I don't need to fix the airconditioning right now!

G32Q4/5-125-5

the flash code doesn't say anything about alternating lights.

Old 02-20-11, 01:09 PM
Thank you both so much for answering my call of distress! Funny how I had not seen the "alternating" light on there before! But, here it is, and I would say it was a slow, as opposed to fast alternating light. So, can you tell me what happened? Thank you! here is a photo of the legend:

Old 02-20-11, 01:23 PM
Sorry, can't read the description from the picture.

Please post the symptom based on the diagnostic lights you see.

Old 02-20-11, 01:33 PM
Okay..under slow alternating flashes: Watchguard-(A) burners failed to ignite or (B) limit open more than 3 minutes or (C) lost flame sense 5 times in one heating cycle or (D) pressure switch opened 5 times inone heating cycle.

Under fast alternating flashes: Improper main ground or line voltage below 75 volts, or broken igniter, or open ignitor circuit.

Old 02-20-11, 01:59 PM
Based on the first set of diagnostic codes----

Take the front cover off the front of the furnace so you can observe the burners igniting.

Turn the power off and on, turn the thermostat up to to the furnace on. Please relate the sequence of events you observe.

In particular, do the burners turn on for 3 seconds or so and then shut off and repeat that cycle?

Old 02-20-11, 02:12 PM
Seattle...It won't work with the cover of the furnace off. I can tell you what I HEAR...and it does not sound like it turns off ever, after the burners turn on.

Old 02-20-11, 02:20 PM
If there's a door switch that opens if the door is off, hold it in with some tape.

You need to describe the sequence of events that occur. In detail. Saying "it wont work" is vague and of no help.

Old 02-20-11, 02:50 PM
I am sorry. I admit to being vague and probably no help, I don't know anything about these appliances! I can not find a switch to hold down with tape, but when the door is off the furnace does not start...it will not turn on at all. When the door is on, and the furnace starts, there is a buzz, a click, then the roaring sound of the burners, I think. It roars for about 15 seconds, then the fan comes on...

It has been working for several hours now.

Old 11-14-11, 02:02 PM
Lennox

Wondering what you ever determined was wrong with your furnace? We've had the same problem and was told it was the igingtor which was replaced. Thanks!