Furnace blower wouldn't shut off, now won't turn on.

Old 02-28-11, 01:02 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace blower wouldn't shut off, now won't turn on.

I'm needing some help to try and figure out what is wrong with my furnace (International Comfort Products Model # N9MP1100J20A2). It's been having a small issue for the past month but now it won't work at all. It used to be hit or miss with the blower coming on. Sometimes when I would turn the thermostat temp up, the furnace would start but the blower wouldn't. I'd have to turn the thermostat temp back down to kick the furnace off and then turn it back up to turn it on again and this would get the blower to come on. A few nights ago I turned the thermostat temperature down in the evening, then a few hours later when I was going to bed I realized the blower was still on and it was blowing cold air. The furnace had shut off but the blower was still going. I tried to turn the thermostat up and down to see if it would shut off in the same fashion that it used to turn on but no luck. I went down to the basement to flip the breaker and the furnace had water running out the bottom of it (or so it looked) and there was water all over the floor. I flipped the breaker to shut the blower off and left it alone. I went back down the next day and flipped the breaker back on while the thermostat was on and nothing happened. The furnace was making a buzzing noise so I took the front panels off and the diagnostic light says "normal" and when I have it on the ignitor won't come on now. I read in one forum someone suggested to check all of the wires and such to see if any are loose and to tap on certain things to see if that will do anything (not sure if it would do anything, but worth a try). I turned it on again and the buzzing stopped but nothing else happened. What could cause all of this?

Old 02-28-11, 08:23 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djenesis81 View Post
I'm needing some help to try and figure out what is wrong with my furnace (International Comfort Products Model # N9MP1100J20A2). It's been having a small issue for the past month but now it won't work at all. It used to be hit or miss with the blower coming on. Sometimes when I would turn the thermostat temp up, the furnace would start but the blower wouldn't. I'd have to turn the thermostat temp back down to kick the furnace off and then turn it back up to turn it on again and this would get the blower to come on. A few nights ago I turned the thermostat temperature down in the evening, then a few hours later when I was going to bed I realized the blower was still on and it was blowing cold air. The furnace had shut off but the blower was still going. I tried to turn the thermostat up and down to see if it would shut off in the same fashion that it used to turn on but no luck. I went down to the basement to flip the breaker and the furnace had water running out the bottom of it (or so it looked) and there was water all over the floor. I flipped the breaker to shut the blower off and left it alone. I went back down the next day and flipped the breaker back on while the thermostat was on and nothing happened. The furnace was making a buzzing noise so I took the front panels off and the diagnostic light says "normal" and when I have it on the ignitor won't come on now. I read in one forum someone suggested to check all of the wires and such to see if any are loose and to tap on certain things to see if that will do anything (not sure if it would do anything, but worth a try). I turned it on again and the buzzing stopped but nothing else happened. What could cause all of this?
First did you find out where all this water is coming from? Check all hoses for cracks, check drain and drain trap. to see if it is plugged. Check stack to see if it is tight and not leaking water. If you have a water backup then a pressure switch could stop the unit.
If nothing is happening on a call for heat then check for 120 volt at furnace. Also if you look on your electronic board there should be a pull fuse, check to see if it is good.
If all this checks out then check from from the red post thermostat wire to ground to see
if you have 24 volts. Paul

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: