Central Air Conditioning

Old 12-27-00, 09:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello,

I live in southwest Connecticut and I'd like to have someone install central air in our 1951 cape.

The house was gutted last year and now has forced air. Any suggestions on a reliable company to call? I've heard mixed reactions re: Sears so any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also, what's the best time to have central air installed? Spring, summer, fall? Finally, does the cost of having central air installed vary based upon what time of the year it's installed? For example, do HVAC people have "down times" when they need work and might be willing to cut the price a bit?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-00, 09:56 AM
Visiting Guest
can't give you any cost or who to use ,but what ever you do get 3 or 4 bids and cover furnishing of materials what all are you going to do, what kind of warranty ,type of material you will use
We had a unit installed and everytime we turned around we were paying for something else and then the thermostat failed no warranty for it by another duct work came loose not covered the tie wrap broke not installers fault so be careful

Old 12-27-00, 12:08 PM
Visiting Guest
The time of year will make a difference. You may be able to gat a two part installation and payment plan as well. When the contractors are slow in the late winter or early spring they can install the indoor equipment and duct work then in june they can come and install the outdoor unit and charge the system and bill you seperately for each.

Old 12-28-00, 06:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks!