Need terminal block 3536G for White Rodgers gas valve 36E98-205

Old 03-05-11, 09:14 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have two Trane XE 80 gas furnaces side by side. One is working, and the other is not igniting.
Problem is that the hot igniter glows, valve clicks to start gas, but no flame starts on one furnace.
I've switched the sensor, pressure valve, igniters, and finally narrowed down the problem to the black phenolic terminal block on the top of the gas valves. There seems to be a short circuit.
I've unscrewed the terminal block, turned it over and one of the contact sockets was corroded. I scraped it off and reinstalled it and the furnace worked for about a day, then stopped again.
I've checked Ebay and there my gas valves are available but I only need the plastic terminal block on the top of the valve. I can't locate the terminal block at any local supply house or online.
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement terminal block? Even a used on e would be fine. Thanks.

Old 03-06-11, 01:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The part is not designed to be repaired, so you aren't going to find a replacement part.

The correct action is to replace the part.

Replacing a gas valve requires that the input to the furnace be set correctly, and I don't recommend it as a DIY task.

Old 03-06-11, 05:19 AM
D

Worse comes to worst I'll buy a used WR 36E98-205 on Ebay and swap out the terminal block. (Now I'm moving the good terminal block back and forth between the two furnaces in order to try to even out the heating of the house during this cold spell.)
I've replaced entire gas valves before so not unfamiliar with them but it's considerably more work than plugging in a new terminal block. I just can't identify the terminal block maker other than the number 3536G on the PCB on the backside of the block. Any idea who makes the block for White Rodgers gas valves?
Any referrals to furnace parts suppliers would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-06-11, 06:10 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
I don't know of anyone who sells just that part. Gas Valves are not designed to be repaired, but replaced instead.

Old 03-06-11, 06:15 AM
S
parts parts..........not that part

as previously stated,gas valves are not made to be repaired for a reason.....
IF YOU REPLACE THAT PART AND YOUR HOUSE CATCHES FIRE OR EXPLOSION OCCOURS THE INSURANCE COMPANY WILL NOT PAY FOR ANY DAMAGES,NOT TO MENTION THE POSSIBLITY OF OCCUPANTS THAT COULD BE SEVERELY INJURED...................:NO NO NO:

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: