Fan wont start - Amana furnace

Old 03-09-11, 06:28 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fan wont start - Amana furnace

I have an Amana Furnace 10 years old, the furnace fires but the circulation fan does not start, I tried moving the fan switch from Auto to On and still nothing (to cold to try it on A/C). Brunner will run for ~90 seconds and then shuts off and the red light on the control board starts blinking 4 times, once it cools off it try’s again.

I checked the wire connections and they all look OK, I can put power to the motor and it will start, but no power comes out of the board to start the fan when the furnace starts up. I plug the fan into the Humidifier plug and it seems to work (no fan delay of coarse).

Any ideas on what this is? Thanks!!

Old 03-09-11, 06:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most furnaces these days control the fan with a timer on a circuit board. You are describing a bad circuit board that is failing to turn on the fan.

Replace the circuit board.

Old 03-09-11, 06:51 PM
W
acctguy;
First I would check the Temp. limit swithes to make sure power is going thru them. Does the fan motor have a capacitor? If they are OK then you have probably already found your problem. I have seen the boards have a broken solder joint that will keep the fan from coming on.

Old 03-09-11, 06:59 PM
A
Willie1596
I did test the capacitor and it appears to be OK and I checked the primary and auxiliary limit switches is that what you mean is the Temp. limit switch?

Sounds like I need a new board, I just wanted to see if there was something else I could do before I spend $100

Thanks,

Old 03-09-11, 07:02 PM
A
Thanks, that is what i thought but just wanted someone to bounce it off of.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: