draft induction fan temperature limit switch

Old 03-15-11, 07:41 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
draft induction fan temperature limit switch

I have a Rheem furnace that I needed to replace the draft induction fan. The replacement I purchased does not have a mounting place for the temperature limit switch like the old fan had. I presume this is additional safety in case of a plugged vent pipe. There is also the pressure switch limit that monitors if the draft fan is working. The replacement is a FB-RFB241 which indicates that it is proper replacement for the model fan I am replacing. How do I mount the limit switch? Is there another switch available to mount in another method?

Old 03-15-11, 08:06 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
how did you find the replacement? Was it by using the model and serial number and through a Rheem supply house? the number you listed does not sound like a Rheem part number.

Old 03-15-11, 08:21 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I did a google search using the OEM Amtek part number and this part showed up as a replacement for that Amtek model. The inducer looks the same except the housing on the original is plastic and the replacement is cast metal. Also the replacement does not have the small draft slot and mount for the limit switch

Old 03-15-11, 08:23 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
you need an OEM part from rheem or at least a rheem part number. There were a few inducers that were just a little different, but looked very similar.

Old 03-16-11, 08:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
I don't believe Amtek makes the entire inducer, just the motor. I agree, you need to check against the Rheem part number.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: