Goddman GMS8 3 flash

Old 03-31-11, 08:35 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goddman GMS8 3 flash

I have the same three blinking lights on Goodman GMS8. I tried the trick of cleaning the nipple with the 1/16 bit. it worked great for two days and now I am back to again the three blinking lights. I have cleaned it twice using the bit, it works for a couple of days and then it stops working.

Any suggestions, Can i put WD40 in it?

Thanks

Last edited by hvactechfw; 03-31-11 at 12:28 PM. Reason: do not hijack another thread, it can become confusing on which problem you are talking about between different poster's
Old 03-31-11, 11:37 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
How is the tubing from the inducer motor to the pressure switch routed. I ask because mine once had a sag - think "P" trap - in it and enough moisture built up to prevent the pressure switch from working. After draining the tubing and tying it to prevent the sag, I have had no further problems.

Old 03-31-11, 11:47 AM
T
the tubing looks good. I don't see any sag. I have cleaned it just to make sure there is no dust. attached is the picture.

Old 03-31-11, 08:45 PM
P
Originally Posted by terpsarlington
the tubing looks good. I don't see any sag. I have cleaned it just to make sure there is no dust. attached is the picture.

Look again the line gos from the pressure switch down hill to the bend and then back up hill, so you have a real big low trap in that line that can hold water.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: