Converting this LP fire pit to natural gas?

Old 04-17-11, 06:48 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Converting this LP fire pit to natural gas?

Hi!!! Hey I just bought this LP fire pit (see owner's manual at http://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/i...o_GAD860SP.pdf). I already have a natural gas pipe run out to my deck for my BBQ, and would like to T off on the line to run over to this fire pit. Any tips on what I need to convert this? Haven't done one before. Good thing is the fire pit is not assembled (that will be soon =)) so I will be able to easily get to any parts. Thanks for any help!!!

Old 04-17-11, 07:51 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
From what I read through the manual there is no conversion kit available, You would need to contact the manufacturer to see if it is possible to convert to NG. If the manufacturer does not make a conversion kit then you CAN NOT convert to NG.

Old 04-17-11, 08:00 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I know it says you can't convert it, however when I was researching comments by people who purchased it, two individuals said they had it "hard wired" to their natural gas line and it works fine. I assumed if they could do it than it's possible somehow?

Old 04-17-11, 08:16 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
what they consider working fine is not safe. Safe would be with testing and UL along with other listings done by the manufacturer. It was made for LP and was never intended for use with NG. We will not condone converting this item to NG here on this forum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: