Carrier Gas Furnace

Old 06-14-11, 09:30 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carrier Gas Furnace

My Carrier Maximizer Plus gas furnace came up with Error code 13. Messed with limit switch and flame rollout. Now has Error code 33 and blower wont start. Used multimeter to determine if power getting to blower and appears no voltage directed to blower.

Filter is clear and capacitor is fine. Continuity across limit switch, even when I would expect the blower to kick in. Should it go "open"? Possibly faulty switch or relay on pcb??

Proposing to direct power up blower motor to determine serviceability of motor?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Old 06-15-11, 06:24 AM
P
Further information. Put through test and no power to blower. Removed pcb and found heavy track from AC Active to relay was blown off. Nothing apparent to indicate why. Hoping someone will be able to explain or provide possibilities such as faulty switch somewhere locking on? The pcb is "1012-83-9410A". They aren't expensive, especially with $AU v $US, but don't want to fit new one for same result or subsequent fire in roof.

Old 06-15-11, 03:40 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
motor could be puling too many amps..... Boards do fail fairly often on blower circuit.

Old 06-16-11, 06:20 AM
P
Solved

Originally Posted by hvactechfw
motor could be puling too many amps..... Boards do fail fairly often on blower circuit.
Although all the Error Codes suggested something else, process of elimination forced a focus on the pcb. Found the beforementioned burnt track. Have repaired and now sitting snuggly in my t-shirt in winter. On reflection, appears a dry solder on the errant joint created excess current causing the burn. Inspected the pcb and found several other dry solders, so not a unique occurrence. Worth noting, as a simple remove, inspect, repair and re-install.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: