Riello F5 Burner Leaking - Hydraulic Jack

Old 06-19-11, 11:33 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Riello F5 Burner Leaking - Hydraulic Jack

I'm a newbie to the forum and have spotted some threads dealing with leaking Riello burners. My burner mechanic suggests a new burner but I have done some investigation and located the source of the leak - the Hydraulic Jack. Apparently the fuel here in Canada causes issues with this device and it is suggested to "plug" this connection with a "metric taper fitting" some information suggests 1/8" NPT which doesn't jive with the metric suggestion. This is a very slow leak but is aggravating and smells!
Any gurus out there know what the spec. for this fitting would be?

Old 06-20-11, 06:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
It is indeed metric. I can't seem to be able to get onto Riello's tech site tonight but this may be of some help.
Patriot Supply - 2623141

Old 06-27-11, 07:43 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Personally I would just replace the jack. It's not too expensive and every little bit counts. Riello switched to electric dampers for a while there but all new Riello's I've seen in the past few years have been back to the hydraulic jacks. Perhaps updated seals with the new units but we haven't had any issues with the new units.

Either way it's absolutely no reason to replace the burner if it's just the jack. It's maybe 5 minutes to replace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: