Does this AccuClean air filter look right to you?

Old 07-09-11, 12:43 PM
Does this AccuClean air filter look right to you?

In April I got a gas air heater furnace installed (American Standard, downflow, model ADH2B060A9V3VA), and I got an AccuClean American Standard air filter that's supposed to remove very fine particles from air.

I'm supposed to clean the filter once every month, and the filter shows a bar counting from "clean" to "dirty" . However, in 3 months since installation, the filter still shows "squeaky clean". There are 3 filters inside the AccuClean unit, they all look clean to me.

However, they look very coarse. One is simple black mesh. One is just plain empty space with a few needles. And one is just a think coarse white filter. I barely see any dirt there after 3 months, and my house is not sterile, I assure you.

Click here for the pictures of the filter unit with the filters slid out of their slots one by one.

This and this are the pics of the middle filter, which look like the technician just forgot to install it! Or is it supposed to look like that - just empty space with some needles??? WTH?

Does anyone have AccuClean filter who can tell me how the filters are supposed to look after 3 months of not being cleaned?

Thanks!
Sergiy

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-11, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
Don't know about your specific filter...but you are correct that the middle one has no filter media. I'm assuming since it has the metal contacts that this is a type of electrostatic filter with a control panel on the front?

Not going to work very well (if it's working at all) w/o the media in place. Call them back! And they should have given you a manual for it as well.