Vents and my heater

Old 01-03-01, 06:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

The past summer I had to get a new central air unit to replace my old one. The air and heat use the same ducts. After the central air was installed, I noticed that the air wasn't coming out as strong in certain ducts. The air conditioner guy thought I was nuts and well, that was that.
Ok, so because of his attitude, when my heater went a few months later, I called a different contractor. He put the new gas heater in, and same problem with the heat. But, get this, I swear, the air is coming out stronger with the heat in certain vents then the air was in those same vents. Am I confusing anyone? Can anyone help me and tell me what I should do now?? My house is so off with the vent problem. The heat is working great in some rooms, and really bad in other rooms. I mean one room is 69 degrees and the other room is 62 degrees. Any ideas??
My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-01, 02:36 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
Any heating/air cod. Co. would balance you system when they chang out a unit. sound like they never check to see if you had the right air flow to each register, some of the dampers could be closed part way or some could be open all the way. in changing out the units they could have damaged one or more of the heating pipes so it will not take all the air it need to do its job And if the cold air return is to small it can not pull the air back in to re-heat or cool it from all the rooms. need to make sure that if a room is closed off you need to have room under the door for the air to come out of that room back to the cold air return..3/4" to 1" under doors to floor or carpet.