janitrol (goodman) vent motor

Old 07-19-11, 01:54 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
janitrol (goodman) vent motor

janitrol gup075-3a propane furnace installed 1990,i bought the house in 1996.Question is,I am going to replace the vent motor and housing assy due to it being really loud.My repair parts catalog shows part # b18590-00 but I was surprised to see a fasco installed on my furnace (7021-6804) was fasco the oem provider? or did the previous homeowner buy a replacement? I would prefer to get an oem goodman,unless you guys think another fasco would be ok.Prices seem to be lower for the goodman #,about 87 bucks or so,but not sure if its really a goodman motor till I call I guess.Was fasco OEM back in 1990S? Thanks for any advice you all might have!!

Old 07-19-11, 05:45 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
often fasco motor assy. were used on a variety of different manufactures equipment as OEM. Before you spend any money on that furnace you should have the heat exchanger checked by a pro.

Old 07-20-11, 06:30 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A modern efficient furnace is on my shopping list,but will probably be 3 years away.Did the janitrols have issues with the heat xchgr or is simply due to the age of the unit? And thank you for your reply,I am in central Indiana.I did have a examination 2 years back but I do not know if he looked at the exchanger.

Old 07-20-11, 10:31 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
they did have problems with the HE, but also the age makes it that more likely to have problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: