Magic Chef maintenance

Old 07-31-11, 09:31 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef maintenance

I'm a little lost, sorry first time couldn't find how to post a new post. Was reading about the Magic Chef Armstrong forced air furnace I think installed in 1964. Model #G82-125D-10. Don't know what kind of maintenance it needs other than filters and cleaning out the main bay. The pilot light works. But because it's old and a plumbing and heating tech said most furnace jobs are just a quick vacuum for $85.00! I've been in the house 5 years. Makes me nervous because I live in COLD country. b.renner, Montana

Old 07-31-11, 09:50 AM
Z
Received 131 Upvotes on 122 Posts
hi b.renner -

Looks like you accidentally added you question to a thread that had been started for another question. If you look on the first page of this forum you will see a button at the top left "+ POST NEW THREAD".

If you click on that you can add a new thread and you give your question a title. It will then show up on the list of threads. You'll probably have better luck if you start a new thread.

Good luck!

Old 07-31-11, 03:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
I recommend gettting your old furnace professionally inspected each year.

Old 08-01-11, 08:50 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Definitely have it professionally inspected. A furnace that old could well have holes in the heat exchanger and pump carbon monoxide into your house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: