Furnace won't light

Old 01-04-01, 03:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm desperate. Never worked on the furnace before, but pretty good at do it yourself (with lots of help from Home Depot). Furnace is blowing cold air. I tried the procedure to relight, and nothing happened. What can I try? I've lived here 3 years, and never done any maintenance. I will have it serviced, but in the meantime, I have a 3 week old baby at home, and it is getting cold. No one can come out until late tomorrow. If anyone helps, I will change the baby's name to yours, unless your name is Sue.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-01, 03:59 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
TRY THESE 2,CALL ME IN THE MORNING

#1 MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SET YOUR KNOB ON GAS VAVLE TO PILOT.IF YOU HAVE IT SHOULD DEPRESS A QUARTER INCH.MAKE SURE FLAME IS BLUE AND HITTING THERMOCOUPLE.IF THIS WON'T WORK PICKUP A REPLACEMENT TCOUPLE AND REPLACE IT.REREAD YOUR POST AGAIN.IF BLOWER IS RUNNING YOU MAY HAVR AN IGITION SYSTEM INSTEAD OF A STANDING PILOT.WAIT FOR TECH.IF YOU HAVE A GAS STOVE USE BURNERS SPARINGLY FOR HEAT.A WINDOW FAN CAN HELP DISTRIBUTE HEAT.pdf

Old 01-04-01, 04:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your prompt reply. I did manage to get a tech here, and he put on a new ignitor. Fired right up. Thanks for your help!