furnace wont ignite

Old 09-12-11, 09:09 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy furnace wont ignite

My payne bryant furnace blower runs constantly and the furnace does not ignite. Which also means that my central air does not kick on. My husband is willing to try to fix it if I can tell him what to try.

Old 09-12-11, 02:17 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
check the led trouble code by viewing it through the window of the blower door. We will also need a model number (serial is optional if you want to know how old it is).

Old 09-12-11, 08:19 PM
A
PG9MAB036060 AA5A this is the numbers my husband wrote down. Hope that helps. I will have him check the LED code when he gets home.

Old 09-13-11, 11:53 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You say that the blower runs constantly. Is the thermostat fan switch set to manual or automatic?

For air conditioning, does any or all of the outside unit come on when the thermostat is set on cool and the desired temp is set lower than the room temp?

For the air, has the 220 circuit breaker in the circuit breaker panel been checked to see if it has kicked off?

Has the outside disconnect been pulled?

In the heat mode, does the furnace attempt to start, but stops part way through the start up cycle?

Just a few thoughts to maybe get us all on the same page and help find your problem.

Old 09-13-11, 12:27 PM
A
have tried the thermostat in both positions. And the outside unit does nothing at all. The breakers are fine.I dont even know where to look for an outside disconnect, and the furnace makes no attempt to ignite even on heat.Also, he just looked in the blower window and found no led code.

Old 09-13-11, 05:00 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
if this is the case then you need to check for a blown fuse on the control board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: