wiring a honeywell spark box

Old 09-19-11, 03:32 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wiring a honeywell spark box

well im to the point of wiring the 100,000 btu luxaire beast up. gas lines re-ran and now to wire the spark box or electronic ign. fyi this house in detroit was hit by scrappers after sitting vacant for 6 years.still for 2500 cash for 3100 sq ft brick i cant complain they left furnaces do to the fact they were the size of a small car. please help. i woulda called dad but heaven has no phones..need help please. thanks!

Old 09-19-11, 08:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I lived in Detroit in 1974-76. Things were bad then and have only gotten worse, as I understand it. Sad.

Hope your project goes OK.

Frankly, I think you should have a competent repairman repair and re commission the furnace. You need the depth of experience to evaluate the equipment and make sure its left in safe operating commission, and a DIYer doesn't have that skill.

Old 09-19-11, 02:57 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Did the furnace originally have an ignition module for intermittent pilot or was it standing pilot?

Old 11-29-11, 12:22 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ugggggggg!

ok i had it up and running and it worked great except now i had a issue with the fan running all day and night. so i swapped out the old fan limit switch to a working one now i cant get the darn gas to flow back through spark box. i am thinkink of buying a nice winter coat and saying to hell with it. of all times to junk out. the box seems elelectronic with a pilot light that is in some square thing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: