Thermal Zone Gas Fired Furnace

Old 09-19-11, 04:14 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermal Zone Gas Fired Furnace

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a newly installed Gas furnace and I had to turn it on for the first time this weekend. Problem is, when it attempts to light the burners, the burner with the ignition starts fine, but the carry overs do not light the other burners. Furnace operates correctly, and shuts does the gas and cycles once more before it locks out for an hour. I followed the troubleshooting and installed a manometer on the burner tube to check pressure. Checks out at 3.5" WC. So here is where it gets strange, if i stick a match on one of the other burners, they all light instantly during the start up cycle, and the furnace will start and stop throughout the day without any problems. If it sits without cycling for more then 6 hours, the same thing happens again.......Any suggestions? Bend the carry overs in some way? Any Help would be great......

Old 09-19-11, 08:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Usually delayed ignition of the burners can be corrected by taking the burners out and cleaning them, especially the carryover ports that carry the flame to the next burner.

A wire brush is usually good for cleaning.

Old 09-19-11, 02:59 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
DO NOT bend the crossovers. Remove the burners and clean them. It is possible they are blocked by a piece of dirt or a spider.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: