Goodman draft inducer is not getting any power

Old 10-03-11, 01:43 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman draft inducer is not getting any power

I switched my furnace from cool to heat today and went to check on it and saw the status light blinking 3 times. Checked the code and it says pressure switch failure to close, check venter, pressure switch, vent blockage. Checked pressure switch with ohm tester - tested fine, the hose is clean, the draft inducer tested fine with ohm reader as well, I bypassed the electricity to it and it is working fine. Checked the W contact from thermostat - reads 24V, jumped W and R to bypass the termostat - checked the voltage in the wires connected to the draft inducer motor - 0 VAC. Not sure what else I should check, seems to me that power is not coming from the cirrcuit board to the inducer. Is there another safety switch that is preventing power from getting to the draft inducer? Is there a way to diagnose the circuit board and see where the connection was lost? Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 10-03-11, 04:03 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
typically there would not be another switch in the inducer circuit you can check this by the schematic or by following the wires from the inducer to their origin. Sounds like you need a new board.

Old 10-04-11, 07:33 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I rechecked the wires and schematic. The wires from the inducer go directly to the control board and the contact is marked with letters IND. The schematic shows a PVR (Power Vent Relay). There are a few black boxes on the board, one of them next to the IND contact. I assume that one of them is the relay box for the inducer. Could that be the reason? Is there a way to check it/replace it if it is not working? Also checked with my local parts store, they do not have the board in stock. Checked on line, got a few returns - are there any sites that are worth considering?

Old 10-04-11, 09:05 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The way to repair it is to replace the board. I don't use online sources for my parts so can't help you there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: