anyone have diagnostic codes - TRANE XE-90 UX-C?

Old 10-03-11, 02:40 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
anyone have diagnostic codes - TRANE XE-90 UX-C?

never got a manual for this one, 4 yr old . for the 1st 2 years , keeps blowing igniters every fall at $$$$$ apiece plus a service call $$$$ so now i keep 3 igniters on hand. this fll the furnace started up and gives heat OK BUT instead of the yellow glow LED indicating good burning, it is flashing continually red on off on off in the view window. (not a group of 4 , or 3, or 5...) have replaced the filter and cleaned off the flame sensor... any advice before i ONCE AGAIN spend $200 on a service call ?

I am sorry i ever bought a TRANE, the old carrier was working pretty well and did not blow an igniter every fall causing lots of aggravation and needing a service call from the pros. don't get me wrong, i don't begrudge the pros their $ when it is a complicated situation, circuit board , air relay switch or the like. BUT an almost new furnace should NOT burn out its igniter every fall. NOTE that trane recognized the problem with these IGN00054 120 v very fragile silicon carbide igniters --costing $20 on the internet from robertshaw/norton -- and needing annual replacement . TRANE now uses a 00117 silicon nitride igniter costing $117..which requires 80 volts... and TRANE wont give you the upgrade to the longer lasting 80v igniter unless you pay for all the stuff...

so i hope the flashing red lite is something i c an fix, social security only goes so far. and i just ordered my 3 igniters to keep on hand since i assumed it would fail again this falll..

Old 10-03-11, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
look on the back of the blower door for the schematic it posts what the codes mean, a quick flash is a call for heat and a slow flash is standby. If you are having ignitor issues every year, its not the ignitor there is something else causing that to happen. They do make a 120V universal nitride ignitor available at some large box store home improvement chains.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: