Auto Light not LIGHTING!

Old 10-03-11, 05:48 PM
-
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Auto Light not LIGHTING!

Hi All,

Firstly let me just vent my frustration at the seemingly "slick" technology our engineers come up with... This slick technology is now keeping me from heating my home! Anyway... the furnace in question is Carrier Weather Maker Infinity Comfort Heat Tech yaddaa, yaddaa,yaddaa. We just recently purchased the home and both the inspector AND the duct cleaning company we had come out to clean the ducts said that both furnaces in the house were working perfectly. However now that the time comes to start using them I find that the pilot isn't lit and refuses to light in the down stairs unit.

I've followed the instructions on the panel several times now, turn off the igniter unit (which is a White Rogers 36E I believe) turn off power to unit, wait five minutes, turn on igniter unit etc. etc. etc. I get nothing... I've also noticed that when I turn the power back on for the unit the lights in the lower window (on the system board) first turns a red, then green the a yellow comes on shortly after the green light comes on and then both the yellow and green lights turn off and there's nothing. At this point I'm looking for a starting point here guys. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Old 10-03-11, 06:12 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
gonna need a model number.... also newer furnaces don't use pilots, they have hot surface ignition. some older furnaces carrier had 3 wire pilots... wont really know what you have unit we get a model number. Typically on the back of the blower door or the burner compartment door is a legend of failure codes that the control board outputs when there is a failure.

Old 10-03-11, 06:25 PM
-
I've got:

58MVP080-F-15114

and

325400201 Rev. C

I looked at the codes on the back of the door and they all seem to deal with flashing lights. I cannot say that mine are flashing necessarily they just come on and then turn off.

Old 10-03-11, 06:32 PM
so you dont have a pilot. Your furnace has a variable blower and draft motor assy. This furnace will be very hard to diagnose of the internet.

Here is the installation manual.

Old 10-11-11, 06:06 AM
-
I tinkered with it some more last evening and it now attempts to start and then shuts down. I've got one blink out of the green light and 3 or 4 out of the yellow light. This gives me a code of 13 or 14 which point to the same thing which is a 14. While looking in the view window in the "pilot" area I see that one of the igniter's is glowing while the one on the other side (left side) is not. I'm assuming this is most likely my issue?

Old 10-11-11, 09:30 AM
Clean the flame sensor and the burner faces and crossovers

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: