Help please if you can... getting cold, no heat

Old 10-16-11, 05:48 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Help please if you can... getting cold, no heat

I've got an old Duomatic Olson Furnace with a Honeywell intermittent pilot system S860C. it is cycling on... but shuts off b4 reaching temp... then doesn't cycle back on... i read the troubleshooter and i believe it to be the pilot system from what it says... i am having trouble even finding how to order parts... and being a single mom could certainly appreciate ANY advice i can get... i CAN'T afford a technician....
so Thanks if anyone can help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-11, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
do the main burners ever come on?

Old 10-16-11, 06:34 PM
B
yes.. it runs for awhile,

then cycles off to early and only cycled back on once, then doesn't cycle back on... but it does fire up and warm to a point before cutting off...

Old 10-16-11, 06:46 PM
How is the air filter? Is it clean?

Old 10-16-11, 06:54 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
you ignition control has a lockout. It may be going into lockout due to a loss of flame signal, or there may be another issue. You need to determine if the control is losing its flame signal or its call for heat signal. Check the filter as Jay asked... Otherwise you will need a voltmeter to determine what is going on with the unit.

Old 10-17-11, 10:05 AM
B
i will check the filter and make sure... i'll get back with you soon... That could cause that?? (the manual doesn't tell ya THAT!) My temporarily removing it completely would test this theory, right? I do have a voltmeter if i need it! BTW.... Thanks Guys!

Old 10-17-11, 10:16 AM
Yes, if the air filter isn't changed/dirty, it cuts down on the air flow and the furance may be over heating and cutting off the burners to prevent over heating/ fire.

Air filter should be changed every 4 to 6 weeks!

Old 10-17-11, 10:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Based on the symptoms described, I would say that it's unlikely that the furnace is overheating and shutting off on the limit switch. When that happens, the burners shut off for a few minutes and the fan continues to run, cooling off the furnace until the limit switch closes again and the burners turn on until the furnace again overheats.

The level of detail provided isn't adequate to diagnose the proiblem.

You need to turn the thermostat down until everything is off, then turn the thermostat up. Describe completely and in detail what happens after that.

The completeness and accuracy of your description is what determines the quality of the help you can receive.