Bryant 355CAV042080 Evolution gas furnace - opinions

Old 10-25-11, 06:31 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bryant 355CAV042080 Evolution gas furnace - opinions

Hi there, need to change out the old gas furnace....have been quoted on this unit with Evolution controller. We have asked alot of questions and gone thru the heating/cooling issues/needs of this home. HVAC guys rationale makes sense given this, but it there another model/brand we should consider that is in this tier. Sometimes I feel the furnace debate closely resembles the pickup truck debate...Ford, GM, Dodge...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-11, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wendl View Post
Hi there, need to change out the old gas furnace....have been quoted on this unit with Evolution controller. We have asked alot of questions and gone thru the heating/cooling issues/needs of this home. HVAC guys rationale makes sense given this, but it there another model/brand we should consider that is in this tier. Sometimes I feel the furnace debate closely resembles the pickup truck debate...Ford, GM, Dodge...
The furnace you have been quoted is the Cadillac of furnaces!
There are other furnaces out there that are not as complex but they do not have the comfort options as the evolution control has.
We also install the Bryant furnaces too. Most of our customers
don't even consider the evolution systems due to the cost.
Did your hvac contractor do a heat gain & heat loss on your home? Also did they show you the annual cost savings calculator on
the different systems that Bryant makes. Most of my customers go by the cost savings calculator which shows how long of a pay
back period it takes to pay for the investment. You could look at the bryant 353BAV036080 furnace with the Honeywell focus pro
HW-TH5220D1029 thermostat. I prefer either the evolution
control or the thermidisat STAT-T6-NRH myself.
Hopefully this has helped