Are Williams Direct-Vent Gas Heaters a good choice?

Old 10-26-11, 11:20 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are Williams Direct-Vent Gas Heaters a good choice?

I have been searching this forum and the Internet for the last two years trying to find a reliable source of heat. We used space heaters last year and our electric bill was $200.00 +. We can't pay that anymore.

The Williams Direct-Vent gas heater seems to be the best. I called the company and asked the which gas valves they use. I didn't want one with a Robertshaw gas valve because it sticks open. They said that only one of their heaters uses this valve.

I have called several heat and air companies to come out and give me a price on the installation and each one tells me it is nearly as expensive to install a direct-vent gas heater as a central furnace. So I have checked into those but I see all kinds of problems people have with the central furnace. They break down and cost a lot of money to repair and the companies don't stand behind their warranties.

Can someone help me with info or input on the Williams Direct-vent gas heater? I don't know where to turn for the installation. I have asked each one who came out for a written estimate but no one has given me that. They always give me estimates on the central heating.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-11, 07:48 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Take a look here:

Products: Direct Vent Heaters, Console Heaters

And yes, direct vent heaters are a good choice for a small area. Nothing that I know wrong with Williams.
Don't dismiss the central idea though. Anything can need repairs, I had a Lennox forced air for 30+ years and never replaced any
parts. Only replaced it because we were doing cement work and needed to remove the condenser to do the work and decided it was time. The nice thing about central heating is you can install a coil cabinet during install for future air conditioning.

Old 10-26-11, 09:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything MBK3 has said.

Robert Shaw valves are fine and don't have problems with the valve sticking open.

What kind of space do you want to heat? If it's one or two rooms it will probably do fine, but a forced air heater will do a much better job of heating several rooms, because it will direct heat to each room rather than just one spot.