Honeywell R1784B Lockout

Old 11-05-11, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell R1784B Lockout

Hi,

I have an Oil Furnace with a Honeywell R7184B controller. About once a day, the R7184B goes into lockout mode. As soon as I hit the reset button, it fires up fine and will work again for a day or so. I was wondering if there were some things I could do to troubleshoot a bit more before I called in a pro? If you need more information on the furnace, etc. let me know and I'll do my best to get it for you. It is only 3-4 years old, and it worked fine all last winter. I just bought the house last fall and had a new Oil Tank installed and the furnace was inspected/serviced before I turned it on last winter.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-11, 04:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The fact it will run a day without resetting pretty much takes the control out of the picture in my mind. Make & model of the furnace would be helpful in that I could probably find the original burner set-up specs.

Old 11-05-11, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

The furnace is an Arcoaire OLB5R100LB BLR5A OLR105A12C with a Beckett AFG Series burner.

I did some more investigating today and I think it may have something to do with the igniter having trouble when the furnace is already hot, if that makes any sense. If I wait until the furnace shuts off and then turn up the heat to have it turn on again, it seems to lock out. If I then hit reset, it'll lockout again, but if I wait half an hour or so it works fine. In addition, when it is trying to start I can hear a click and then either it starts or nothing happens for 15ish seconds and it locks out.

Again, thanks for the reply, if you can tell me any more I'd appreciate it, even if it is just to tell me I'm in over my head :P

Old 11-06-11, 05:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
When you hear the "click", is the burner motor already running? If so, I suspect the problem to be the fuel pump (especially if it is a Beckett Clean Cut pump).