RUUD UHQA ac/heat unit

Old 11-15-11, 01:59 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
RUUD UHQA ac/heat unit

I have (2) cental ac units that were in my house when I bought it. One unit (RUUD MODEL# UHQA-08058) is in the basement which is for the ground floor, and one in the attic for the rooms upstairs. While doing work in the basement I had need to remove some of the duct work and dicovered a heating element mounted in front of the evaporator. Didn't know these units could heat as well as cool. The house is heated by hot water baseboards and I recently installed a new Biasi boiler. Well, as we all know, oil prices are just nuts, and I'm thinking that maybe these RUUDs might be cheaper for heat. Since they were installed only for ac I'll need to wire them for heat and as hard as I try I can't find any installation guides on the model #s on the units. Not even the RUUD website show this model # unit. But there the damned thing is in my basement. If there's someone out there that can shed some light, I'd be extremely grateful.

Old 11-15-11, 02:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
post the model number of the outdoor unit and take some pictures inside and out. show low voltage terminals in your air handler, your thermostat, pictures of the heating coil.... the more pictures we see, the more we can help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: