Connecting two furnaces to one thermostat

Old 01-09-01, 04:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have two completely seperate furnaces in my house, with two seperate thermostats. I would like to connect them to one thermostat.

How would connect them together? Just connect the two thermostat wires together?

But isn't there a problem with connecting them when each furnace has its own transfomers.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-01, 06:56 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
If furnaces are same make, you can purchase a 'twinning' kit which will operate both furnaces and a/c's.

Old 01-10-01, 08:27 AM
Visiting Guest
The furnaces are made by the same (intertherm) but they are different sizes and are located in different parts of the house.

How does that work?

Old 01-10-01, 03:26 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
You'll have to run some wire, but furnace size does not matter. Why do you want to twin them anyway?

Old 01-11-01, 09:37 AM
Visiting Guest
One furnace heats the other end of the house that the thermostat is not and the same with the other furnace. So one end of the house is hot and the other is cold .

Because one furnace runs and heats the other thermostat so one furance doesn't go on while the other doesn't turn off, it is very hard to get the house even.

So we want to put one thermostat in the middle of the house like in the living room.

Old 01-11-01, 01:52 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Relocate your t'stats. It would be much cheaper and would solve the problem.

Old 01-11-01, 02:04 PM
lynn comstock
Visiting Guest
I agree with fjrachel. The thermostats belong in the area served by each heater.