Connect 24 volt relay

Old 11-16-11, 09:03 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Connect 24 volt relay

I have a boiler with the Honeywell gas valve. Want to connect a 24 volt White Rodgers relay, that will be energized when the gas is on.

The top of the valve is labeled:

TR. . . . . . . . . . . TH <------
|
|
Limit Switch . . . . . . . . 24 volts across the TH terminals
|
|
TR. . . coil. . . . . . TH <------

So it looks to me that I could attach my relay on the lower TR and TH terminals - this would in in parallel to the coil on the gas valve.

Am I correct?

Old 11-16-11, 02:57 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
what will the relay control? IF you do this and you have a thermostat with a heat anticipator in int, you will need to measure the amp draw on a call for heat to determine what to set the anticipator to.

Old 11-16-11, 06:41 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have an larger home built in 1950 - a walk out - no real basement. This is a hydronic heating system.

I recently remodeled a first floor room, and reduced the size of the 'boiler' room. I put in a bi-fold door (6') so you can gain access, however there is now a slight smell of combustion gas / a smell of hotness.

We have a combustion vent larger than the flue.

Sooo - I installed a small exhaust fan (48 cfm) and I want to connect it to the gas valve circuit. When the boiler is heating, the fan will run.

We have four zones, all with T87F's.

I figured, wired in parallel, the White Rodgers relay (from Grainger) wouldn't pull too much current to affect anything.

Thanks for your advice!

Old 11-17-11, 03:36 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
it should be fine. However, a smell of combustion gases is not ok. Call a professional to have the home/boiler area monitored for Carbon Monoxide.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: