Bryant 90 plus with hot surface ignition code 21

Old 11-27-11, 10:26 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bryant 90 plus with hot surface ignition code 21

I bought the house last year and there is no manual for the furnace but I know it was installed when the house was built in 1992.
The furnace started acting up today. It seemed to preheat properly but when the main fan tried to kick on there would be a repeated
sequence of a mechanical-souning click and the fan would cycle off and on in unison with the clicks. I took the covers off and held the button to get the furnace to kick on while I watched and that's when I saw the 21 code flashing on the led. The cover says "stuck gas
valve relay on control" or something similar along with something else (I didn't write it all down yet and posting this from what I scribbled before heading to computer). I hear the click sounding like it is behind right side of circuit board in area of capacitor and fan motor but not absolutely sure where noise is.
Does anyone know what the problem is? I really can't afford to pay tech if this is a matter of cleaning something or replacing relay or switch or capacitor or fan motor or thermocoupler. I appreciate any help.

Old 11-27-11, 10:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Start by describing the sequence of events that takes place when you turn the thermostat up --- in order and in detail.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: