York Stellar Plus: HSI Issue

Old 12-19-11, 06:13 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York Stellar Plus: HSI Issue

Hi Folks - Been casually observing this forum the past few days and learning a bit as I make some progress 'correcting' my Gas Heater.

Here's the background, a week ago - the heat stopped working, fan was on, pilot wasn't - so after reading this forum I realized I had to replace the Hot Surface Ignitor: After doing so, everything kicked off, HSI lit, pilot on, and boom - we have heat again. Then later that night I noticed the same issue, fan on - but no heat (pilot wasn't lit). So I open it back up, remove the HSI and turn on the heat just to ensure the HSI didn't go hay wire: it didn't, so I put it carefully back in, turned on the heat and boom - we have heat again.

Last night, same issue happened, and I performed the same steps to ensure the HSI was still working: and it is...

Question to the smart folks here, what could be happening to cause this? Further - what steps can I take to attempt to correct this?

If more details or pictures are necessary - please let me know and I'll be glad to post when I get home later tonight (probably to a cold home).

Thanks much

Old 12-19-11, 08:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Just because the HSI didn't get hot doesn't mean it was the HSI that was defective. Was there a visible crack in the HSI? If not, it was probably fine.

Does your circuit board have flashing lights that might be indicating a problem? If so, look on the furnace, commonly inside the blower compartment door, for an explanation of the codes.

A likely problem would be that the pressure switch isn't closing --- check that with an AC voltmeter if you have one.

Old 12-30-11, 01:32 PM
Received 57 Upvotes on 50 Posts
Sounds like a honeywell smart valve.

Google

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: