problem with gas furnace turning off

Old 12-29-11, 09:21 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
problem with gas furnace turning off

I have been having problems with my mobile home furnace which is a colman with a Robertshaw gas valve that the gas valve went bad.I got a new one from ebay,the only problem is that this one is a Honeywell.Mine has the burner,the thermocouple and the small vent pipe.The honeywell only came with the burner and the thermocouple.when I installed and lit it up,everything was fine until the blower went to start. At that time I heard a loud bang and the flame goes out over and over again ,so I decided not to turn it on again.Today I went to used appliance place and bought a used gas valve..I did install the gas valve today and now I have a new problem.This one does all the cycle and runs for about 3 min and them the pilot,the burner and the blower goes off,them you have to lit the pilot again.over and over.Do you know what is the problem?I have a young kid and right now i can't afford to have a service person come out.Any help will be appreciated.Let me explain what it does.
first i lit the pilot,them turn the nob to the on position,then turn the thermostat to the desire temp.them you heard the burner go on after a few min the blower comes on only to work for about 1 min and the burner and pilot flame goes out,the blower state on for about another 2 min and them finally every thing is off and you have re-start all over again.Can some one help with my problem with ether burner.the one from Ebay is new and seen to work fine but this one after the big bang goes completely off.Thanks

Thanks again Please help. Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-29-11, 11:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I recommend against people replacing gas valves themselves. It takes more skill than most people have, and doing the job improperly can create safety hazards.

Sorry, but I'd have to recommend you have a competent repairman do the job for you.

Old 12-30-11, 03:00 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
I'd agree, it almost sounds as though you might have a hole in the heat exchanger... Call a Pro.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: