where is the flame sensor?

Old 01-12-12, 05:09 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where is the flame sensor?

So after reading many threads here, I've determined that I need to clean my flame sensor. That seemed to be the fix for many here that have had the same problem I'm having.

My problem now is that I cannot figure out where the flame sensor is. I've attached a picture... hope someone can help mepoint it out.(sorry it's not the best picture)
[IMG][/IMG]

Also, i noticed that this little device is just kinda floating, not attached to anything. Is that normal?
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-12-12, 06:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
I didn't see a flame sensing rod. Some furnaces use the ignitor to serve as the flame sensor.

Couldn't tell at what your screwdriver was pointing.

There should be a wiring diagram on the inside of the blower compartment door. If so, it should identify the flame sensor.

What is the make & model of the furnace?

Old 01-12-12, 10:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I didn't see a flame sensor either.

The make and model of the circuit board or electronic ignition control would be useful.

The circle I saw was around a black circular piece of plastic with a red button, if I am interpreting the picture accurately. That's a flame rollout switch, which appears to be correctly screwed into the furnace chassis.

It's held out over the front end of the heat exchanger so it will be struck by flames should there be a type of defect in the furnace.

Old 01-13-12, 05:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
I didn't see the circle until pointed out by SeattlePioneer but his explanation is certainly correct.

It seems odd to me, not having S/P's experience with a vast array of gas furnaces, there is no shield over the burners nor do I see any screw holes which would indicate an shield had ever been there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: