Trane Gas Furance XE 78 model

Old 01-13-12, 05:34 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Trane Gas Furance XE 78 model

This furance came with the house I bought which was built in 1992. Very clean model. Some times when the furance kicks on the pilot doesnt light. The blower continously blows cold air leaving my house with dropping temps. If I'm home and catch it, I just reset the Thermostat and it usely lights. It doesn't do this everytime, but it is becoming more frequent. Any suggestions on what might be wong and how to fix it?

Old 01-13-12, 07:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It sounds like you have an intermittent pilot ignition system which lights the pilot each time the thermostat calls for heat.

In this system, when the thermostat calls for heat, the gas for the pilot burner and the spark are turn on at the same time. When the pilot lights, the spark is shut off and the main burner gas is turned off and the main burner lights off the pilot light. The main burner stays lit until the thermostat is satisfied and shuts off the main burner and pilot.

Look at the furnace carefully and determine how far in this sequence your furnace gets. Also, describe the appearance of the pilot burner flame in detail.

Old 01-13-12, 08:32 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
XE78 furnaces are hot surface ignition.

Old 01-18-12, 02:09 AM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
do you think its the ingnition switch that is bad

Old 01-18-12, 03:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Take the cover off the burner compartment. Describe in detail the sequence of events that occurs when you turn up the thermostat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: