Heil DC90 - Turning off intermittently

Old 01-20-12, 05:24 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Heil DC90 - Turning off intermittently

Hello,

I have a Heil DC90 (NUGM075EGA1) that shut off overnight. We awoke to a very cold house - the outside temps were 5 degrees here in SE WI. I removed the lower panel and noticed a switch (white) that popped out upon opening the door. I pressed the switch in and the furnace fired back up so I replaced the door (depressing the switch one again). The house warmed up without any further issues. Coming back from dinner tonight the house was again cold. I removed the panel again and put it back in place restarting the furnace. It's now blowing hot air for the moment. I have not been awake or at home when the furnace turns off so I don’t know what’s happening at that moment. Anyone have any idea what is happening here? Thanks!

Old 01-20-12, 06:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You have an intermittent problem causing the furnace to fail to light up reliably.

Removing the door and opening the door switch shuts off power to the furnace allowing another effort to light the furnace when the switch is again depressed, turning the power back on.

Very likely, this intermittent problem will get worse until the furnace wont light at all.

These Heil furnaces often have an intermittent pilot ignition system that light a pilot light to light the main burners each time the thermostat calls for heat. Is that what you have? Usually that has a Honeywell Ignition control module model S86XX with the XX being varying numbers.

Old 01-30-12, 04:23 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi SP,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. We ended up replacing our 15-year-old furnace on the advice of our furnace guy who is also a friend. There were other issues - it was more cost effective to just replace it. Thankful to have dependable heat once again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: