Natural gas to propane conversion

Old 01-30-12, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Natural gas to propane conversion

On saturday I installed and converted a Keeprite G9MVT060 Natural gas furnace to propane with the proper conversion kit. Low fire 5.8"wc as requested i'm getting 196ppm of cf co in flue gas. Sounds high to me. What can I do to lower this? Will you get higher co readings with propane?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-12, 05:47 PM
Also, unit would not kick into high fire as i had to install a pressure switch to the inlet gas tit and wire it to the ventor motor pressure switches. Inlet pressure tested at 10"wc prior to lighting the furnace. Need 10"wc manifold pressure for high fire, so pressure switch opened or didn't close(NO or NC switch, not sure. led diagnostic advised high pressure switch as the reason it wouldn't switch to high fire). Can I adjust the inlet pressure at the regulator outside?

Old 01-30-12, 06:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Converting a furnace is not a suitable DIY task in my opinion. I'd recommend finding a competent person to do the job for you. I would suppose that you should be able to find a propane dealer who has a person experienced in doing this kind of job.

Old 01-30-12, 08:54 PM
Thanks Seattle for your unhelpful suggestion. Let me change the question then. I had a competent propane gas technician install my propane conversion kit. I checked the CO readings in the flue gas after he left and found 200ppm in low fire. Is that high for propane? Should I call him back? What should I suggest he check?