Lennox Furnace Issue

Old 02-13-12, 10:28 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox Furnace Issue

I have a Lennox Gas Furnace and lately I have notcied when the heat is supposed to kick on it doesn't. I have it set to 68 degrees and the thermostat says it shoud be on (little flame on thermostat) but the heat doesn't run through the house. When I shut it off and turn it back to heat, it will kick on but will not be consistent with that. I have gotten up in the middle of the night noticing it was cold and it says 61 with the little flame showing the heat should be on but isn't. Sometimes it will be fine and work properly and other times not. Seems to have a mind of it's own. I change my filters every 3 months and the unit is as old as the house (2005). The area in the attic where the furnace is has nothing around it and is very clean. The downstairs furnace works fine with no issues. We have dual heating and air conditioning. Just noticed this in the last two weeks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 02-13-12, 12:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Take the cover off the burner compartment of the furnace. Obtain the model of the furnace off the rating plate in the burner compartment and post it here.

Observe the sequence of events that occurs at the furnace when you turn up the thermostat and post that sequence of events in order and in detail.

Old 02-24-12, 11:08 AM
M
From what I observe it is in Watchguard mode. It has been working for the most part but when it doesnt kick on I have to trun it off and then back on again. I have done some research and everyone seems to think I need to clean the sensor. Is this right?

Old 02-24-12, 12:53 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
post exactly what the code reads. Lennox has an ignition watchguard and a limit watchguard.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: