New Trane XL90 Ignition Control

Old 02-28-12, 06:34 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Trane XL90 Ignition Control

Greetings to all. This is a great forum.
I am about to replace my Trane XL90 ignition control, model 50E47-060 with the universal control # 50E47-843. Looks to be pretty simple but I need to know if my XL90 is a direct sense model or an indirect sense model. I think it's indirect using a flame probe but I could use some confirmation. Would also like to know which program key will work best with this unit. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 02-28-12, 08:58 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
you use the flame sensor that is already installed. you clip the flame sense wire off the new control. Your manual of the new ign control will tell you which key to use based on the settings of the old control. So you dont have to cut and splice wires you should really use the replacement control from Trane CNT03776

Old 03-01-12, 04:13 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. I was 90% sure that was the case, but it's that other 10% that gets me in trouble! As for the CNT03776, it looks exactly like the one I ordered, except it's not programmable. They're both White Rogers, can't find one made by Trane. Anyway, thanks again.

Old 03-01-12, 04:20 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
that is the control that trane uses as an oem replacement. It comes with an adapter harness for wiring. It also comes with the correct key installed. You dont get the option of choosing the other keys.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: