Tstat is calling for heat, furnace will not come on.

Old 03-05-12, 06:42 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tstat is calling for heat, furnace will not come on.

I have a Ruud Silhoulette II Gas Furnace. I have a new LUX TStat installed. When I set to "HOLD" 70, it reaches temperature, then the temp settles back to 68, 67 etc without the furnace turning on. I'm following the troubleshooting help on the forums. Yes, there is 24VAC on the C & W on the Furnace Ignition control board when the Tstat heat is on (Flashing Heat on TStat).

The only way to bypass this situation and get heat is the do a hard reset on the furnace emergency switch and Tstat switch from On to Off and back On again. I have not tried going down and coming back up above room temp, as this fellow suggests. I believe the problem is in the control board and I may need to order a new one. Would like to get any feedback on any additional troubleshooting tests, before I drop almost $200 on a new board. Thanks !!

Last edited by hvactechfw; 03-05-12 at 06:49 PM. Reason: moved post to a thread of its own.
Old 03-05-12, 06:54 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
are there diagnostic lights on the control board? If so what does the legend on the furnace state that they mean during the time when the furnace is not working. It is most likely not the control board at fault by what you have described. It sounds like you are in lockout.

Old 03-06-12, 06:49 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
there is no need to start another thread! Simply answer my question : are there diagnostic lights on the control board.

Old 03-19-12, 09:33 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem solved - Replace Control board

I replaced the furnace control board, that solved the problem !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: