Condensate pump buying advice

Old 03-11-12, 09:58 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Condensate pump buying advice

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on what brand condensate pump to get for my high efficiency furnace and humidifier (and central air in the summer). I've currently got this Utilitech model from Lowes, but it's loud and less than 2 years old and has started acting up (came down one morning to a pool of water on the garage floor). I did a little research and came across the name Little Giant and people seem to say they are good. Are they a good brand?

I found these Little Giant models on Grainger's site that have the same 3/8" barb as my current one so my existing drain hose would connect. The pump has to pump the water straight up 8' and then across the ceiling about 8' and then down into the laundry drain pipe. Are any of these on Grainger's site a better choice? I was thinking of getting the VCMA20ULS. Just don't want to have to replace it again in less than 2 years. Any other brands/models I should look at? Thanks.

Mark
(Originally posted in another forum, but I think this is the more appropriate forum.)

Old 03-11-12, 10:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Becket and Little Giant are 2 brands that I have installed for 20 years.

Slime will build up and prevent the float from starting the pump unless you clean them anually.

Old 03-11-12, 02:30 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
I use little giant and diversitech.

Old 03-11-12, 04:50 PM
I
So of all the ones Little Giant makes, which one would be best for my application? They've got so many I don't know which one to choose.

Condensate Removal | HVAC | Franklin Electric

Mark

Old 03-11-12, 04:55 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
it depends on how much room you have and deep you want the reservoir and how much lift you need.

Old 03-11-12, 06:46 PM
I
I need it to pump up 8', then over about 8' across the ceiling, and then straight down into the laundry drain pipe. The current pump sits on the basement floor and there's not a lot of clearance for a real tall unit. The reservoir on my current pump is about 3.5" tall and there's really not room for a reservoir much taller than that the way the drain pipes are configured.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: