Lennox Conservator G16 Ignition no amperage

Old 03-12-12, 11:48 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox Conservator G16 Ignition no amperage

One morning I woke up at 3am in the cold. My kids crew into our bed. My draft inducer was constantly running but no flame. This is a Lennox Conservator G16, about 20 or more years old. I check a few things and turns out my ignitor was not sparking. The pilot has gas, because when I manually light the pilot everything works. I tested the continuity of the ignitor, from the controller terminal to the spark electrode and its not continuous. I tested for amperage on the ignitor terminal at the control module an I though I was getting about 3.6amps. So I went and purchased a new pilot assembly.

After installing the new pilot, I had the same problem. Ignitor will not spark, and pilot will not light. When lite manually the pilot works. The flame sensor works and the main valve is turned on, and everything on the furnace works. The new thing I notice now is I'm no longer getting any Amps reading from the ignitor terminal on the control module. So my question is what amperage reading should I be getting at the IGN terminal. Is this reading in AC or DC. I'm not sure what it is because I'm not getting any reading anymore. I did have a reading of about 3.6amps before I purchase the new pilot assembly. I know this IGN terminal is intermittent, and will only put out amperage when the control module ignite the pilot. So I have held the ohm meter to the terminal for at least 8minutes from start of heating cycle, and still no reading. Could I have shorted out or burned the control module from my earlier test by doing amp draw on the IGN terminal to a ground? I do not have am amp clamp and used the ohm meter leads? I need a second opinion before purchasing a new furnace control module. By the way this is a no-integrated control module. Will try to attach photo, . Thanks for you help!

This is not mine but its the same model.

Old 03-13-12, 12:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you have voltage to the ignition module, you should get a high voltage from the ign terminal to the electrode on the pilot assembly, which should continue sparking until the pilot lights.

From your description, that isn't happening. Replace the ignition module.

Old 03-17-12, 07:45 PM
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
Any intermittent pilot spark module will do - it doesn't have to be robert shaw.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: